* Smell of rain on concrete, generally.
* The gears in your head slowly shifting from drunk-wrangling to grammar-wrangling sorts of intelligence.
* The part where the Rock Dude who works for student services remains compellingly all-purpose. Zeppelin hat, DK t-shirt, crystal castles hoodie. This figures continued existence in spite, or because, of dubstep, etc.
* Being glad that the one barista still works there-- at nearly three quarter's worth of experience, she is closest the campus cafe gets to simulating the coffee of the outside world.
* New teachers, no sleep. Old teachers, all sleep.
* Reflecting that it hasn't changed much since I was a student, that I reflect that every year.